Low-income parents can apply for additional child support.
Child Benefit Supplement for low-income parents
The child benefit supplement may like the child benefit on the family budget work Employment Agency be requested. However Eligible are not all parents who also receive child benefit, but also other conditions must be met.
- Those conditions include primarily the child benefit for children under 25 years. In addition, certain income limits must be achieved. So a minimum income must be achieved, as well must not exceed a maximum income.
- Single parents have in 2013, for example, have an income of at least 600 euros and in pairs of parents, this amount is 900 euros. This may for example be a gross income from employment. But also benefits from sickness benefits, unemployment compensation, and some more are considered. A person receiving only social benefits such as unemployment benefit II, which is an additional child support, however not to.
- Besides this income must simultaneously but do not exceed the limit of the maximum income to be calculated individually. With this income, gross income and gross assets and are initially added. From this, however, prints can still be made. The respective maximum salary is deemed to a need from parents together, which would be payable to you in the case of unemployment benefit II, a proportion to the cost of housing and the overall child supplement together.
- Maximum you can get in on the already received child benefit a surcharge of 140 euros per month. However, this maximum allowance is paid to only parents or single parents, where the gross income does not exceed the minimum wage. Mitigated surcharges but also paid, to be thereby achieved that families are treated with low incomes in the situation that this assistance may be bypassed by social benefits such as unemployment benefit II.
Additional money for education and participation of children
If you for additional child support, then arise for you even more ways to obtain grants for education and participation of your child.
- So you can get on request, for example, services, allows you to finance your child's personal school supplies.
- Also financial services for trips to school or to participate in day trips, class or Kita rides you can apply as needed, as well as your child's participation in the lunch at school or daycare.
- Additional financial benefits that you can apply in an individual case, for example, include the assumption of costs for tutoring or your child's participation in cultural events such as a club or the music school.
The services listed you can even be largely reimbursed at 100 percent. Only in benefits for lunch can be expected as a rule only with grants.