Families come quickly in financial distress. S._Hofschlaeger / Pixelio
General facts about the housing allowance
The housing allowance is a financial support of the state, so that a fair and family-friendly living can be made possible. In this grant is by law entitled. However, should this be aware of a few facts:
- Anyone who refers another benefit, in which a grant is included the rent of course, may not apply for more housing allowance. Otherwise, this would be so paid twice. Note, therefore, that in particular the receipt of unemployment benefits II or the basic security no housing allowance can be applied because the state has already taken on either a part or the entire rent.
- Furthermore, should a minimum be provided housing benefits. For this purpose, the income of the entire community of need is (all household members live together and a common pay rent) added. Who despite payment of housing allowance is needy still - ie his own livelihood could not deny - receiving housing benefit. In this case, takes the basic security / social assistance be requested.
- Also keep in mind that you can only apply for a housing allowance not if you pay rent. There are parallel load subsidy, which is paid at home.
- Apart from the above facts, there are of course a lot more to be observed. This would be the amount of rent, the income, the number of persons, etc. For this reason, it would always be advisable if you would seek advice before applying.
How the child benefit supplement
The Child Benefit Supplement may apply for the child benefit all parents. Logically, this is not just a set of parents, but also single parents.
- Again note that you only receive the child benefit supplement, if you have to take any further assistance to complete by the payout. The only exception would be housing benefit that can be paid in addition. In detail, this means that a single parent, relating the unemployment benefits due to its own child care receive no child benefit supplement.
- Also keep in mind that this grant is also coupled to a maximum income. Should this exceed, then you also do not get it.
Both apply for grants together
If you have income of their own, you can simultaneously apply for housing benefit and child benefit supplement. It is only important that all income limits comply with (both the minimum and maximum limits). In addition, it must stand on its own due to the payment of two grants; So you can no longer apply for basic security.
- Request for such financial support to the appropriate forms. For the Housing district office is responsible for the children's allowance, the Employment Agency.
- When filling out these forms, you can then specify that you have applied for both. The offices communicate with each other, so that it can be determined immediately whether your financial need is then covered.
Conclusion: Of course you can only apply for a grant. If you then but still not make ends meet, then you can apply for the second support. Then you have the advantage that you can specify the current payout, so that the calculation works easier.