Geraniums need full sunlight.
Abundant sunshine, but half shadow can offer you many ways to put colorful flowering balcony plants and so to enjoy the sun between many great summer flowers.
Sun and partial shade
- In order to develop your balcony plants properly and can grow nicely, it is important that the flowers are at the right place. Too much sun can harm some flowers as well as too little sun.
- Really hot summer sun but until noon and takes towards the afternoon then again. Therefore, you can not only sun, but also a balcony plants that prefer a medium shade plants.
- Then, make the best so that the flowers are in each Planters semishady not as strongly exposed to the sun, and mix the balcony plants accordingly. Then you can use many different plant flowers and get a colorful and magnificent flower carpet.
The matching balcony plants for the sun
- Among the most popular and well-known balcony plants include geraniums. If you opt for geraniums, then you have robust and colorful flowering plants that need a lot of sun. Geraniums get commercially as standing and as a hanging plant. Especially for the balcony railings hanging geraniums are good, because you after a short time to have a real carpet of flowers here.
- Fit, you get in stores slopes Elken, who also need a lot of sun and also can be planted with geraniums in flower box alternately. Another advantage when using hanging carnations along with hanging geraniums as balcony plants, is the nature of the earth. Both flowers grow especially well when you mix the potting soil with sand and ensure that the root ball never dries out, but keep the flowers always moist.
- A striking blue color in your flower carpet can be reached by planting lobelia. Also this hanging plant needs full sun to grow properly. but lobelia is not only suitable for the planter, but also in a hanging basket planted sees the flower very nice.
like Fancy balcony plants, the sun
- but you get not only colorful blooming, but also precipitated balcony plants, you can put in the sun. Finally, you want to really beautify not only your balcony railings, but who are also a couple of nice flowers on the balcony.
- With an agave you have a plant native to southern countries while an eye-catching feature. The flower planting is best in a large pot, you then for the winter can wear in the basement.
- For a free corner on your balcony, the banana plant is very good. The banana actually comes from tropical Africa, loves the sun and heat, and is growing rapidly in height. The leaves are often quite large and have a rich, dark green.
Typically, you can use all the tropical plants as balcony plants and place in the sun. In between, put a few domestic and colorful blooming flowers, the sun bear. Plant some flowers in beautiful large pots and decorate such a great summer balcony.
First sunny, then cool and shady wintering -Balkonpflanzen
- Surely you have often admired this luxuriant growth and magnificent flowering balcony plants. From year to year the floral splendor is greater when the plants are sunny and maintained properly. Since most balcony plants are perennial, these flowers must be accommodated properly by autumn until the following spring.
- For annual crops you need to worry, but to buy the plant in the next year simply again. Perennial balcony plants need to be repotted regularly, because not only the blossoms increases, but also the roots of the plant are getting bigger, so you always have to check in the spring, if the planters provide sufficient space.
- In the summer you have to regularly remove withered flowers and leaves, and fertilize plants regularly balcony. Flowers, who love sun, you should best watering early in the morning or in the evening, so that the plant does not burn in the sun. Perennial balcony plants, you must already be preparing early fall on the coming winter.
- From August or September this balcony plants need no fertilizer. Ask a less sunny spot, so that the plant can slowly to its new environment the flowers. Before the first frost, cut the plants back balcony to a maximum of 2/3. Best can overwinter your flowers on the basement stairs or garage. However, the flowers should not be completely in the dark, but have a little light. Make sure that you put the flowers as dry as possible in the winter quarters, to prevent foul odors.
- Additionally, you can make the balcony plants on large Styrofoam plates and to high wrap the planters at the plant with bubble wrap. Check from time to time to see if the plant needs possibly some water, then pour but very sparingly. From February you can balcony plants then slowly back outside bodies. When the temperatures rise again, you will see that your balcony plants have survived the winter and make them as usual in a sunny place.