To get rid of black aphids on flowering plants gently.
Worth knowing about black aphids on flowers
Black aphids destroy the flowers in your garden by sucking the juice from the plant. The plants then lacks the nutrients to feed leaves and flowers. The leaves turn brown and roll up and the flowers fall off.
Once the pests have digested the sap, they secrete a sugar solution, the honeydew. The honeydew is a very sticky matter and difficult to remove from patio furniture. Especially from the paint on your car the honeydew of aphids black is difficult to get rid.
Mostly invaded the lice plants that are in the wrong location or have a poor substrate. In addition, the nitrogen eutrophication most frequently leads to lice infestation, because thereby the protective mechanisms of plants are weakened. Against aphids you can do something and selling black animals gently.
To combat the lice
The black aphids on the leaves of your plant, you can easily remove with Brennnesselsud. For this you need nettles, water, a spray bottle, detergent and cling film.
- Nettles douse. Enter one hundred grams of dried nettle leaves in a heat resistant container and pour over the leaves with one liter of hot water.
- Infuse Sud. Make sure to smell the vessel to the side and wait until the broth begins. This takes about three days.
- Sud bottle. Pour the Brennnesselsud through a sieve and fill the Sud into a spray bottle.
- Clingfilm install. Insert tightly around the plant stem, close to the ground, a strip of cling film around the peduncle of your flowers.
- Cover the earth. Put out all around as much cling film, that the earth is your infested with lice flowers well covered.
- Second layer attach. Set in addition a second film about it.
- Plant spray. Spray the infested by aphids flowering plants with Brennnesselsud thoroughly one. Wait thirty minutes and sprinkle the flowers again.
- Bottled water. Now fill the spray bottle with water and add this, add a drop of detergent concentrate.
- Plant again spray. Sprinkle your flowers with the anti aphids on the stems and the undersides of the leaves.
After thirty minutes, you can carefully remove the foil from the potting soil. Make sure that no liquid gets into the soil of your flowering plants. Should you not be got rid of the black lice after the first treatment, repeat the procedure.
Infestation of aphids prevent - Tips
- Natural enemies of aphids colonize how to Example ladybugs, lacewings or earwigs.
- Plants that are infested regularly showered with water.
- Thus, the black aphids are washed off and the humidity increases.
- Remove wilted leaves and make a clean pruning because aphids overwinter on woody and plant debris.
Black aphids are a real nuisance for you and your plants. Therefore, you should remove the pests early and gentle. This is best done with Brennnesselsud and a post-treatment with a mixture of water and detergent.