CHKDSK can save your Windows PC.
CHKDSK - rescuer
- Is your computer locked up and will no longer start your Windows system, so it may be because that is messed up when improper shutdown file assignments and shortcuts.
- For example, if Windows XP the associated installation CD at hand, so you can CHKDSK or "Check Disk" good services and check your file system for errors and optionally "/ r" repair and restore by the command.
CHKDSK / r corrects errors in the file system
- Insert the Windows CD into your computer's disc drive and let your PC from this media launch. You may need to change a setting in the BIOS and assign to the CD drive the first boot priority.
- CHKDSK can now be called by first wait a while until the start some files were loaded from the CD. You will then be asked if you want to want to reinstall or start a repair. Opt for the repair.
- Now you are in the command console, with which you can start Check Disk. Tap "CHKDSK" and want to check disk - mostly "c" - (without quotation marks), so your disk is only checked by the program.
- You can complete the command but to "/ r", so that it now "chkdsk c: / r", then your system is not only checked, but if all goes according to expectations, also restored.
Maybe CHKDSK can be started only when the computer is rebooted. This is mostly because the test drive is currently still in use and will be described. This program does not work further without risks. It can happen in rare cases that files that can no longer be assigned to be transported in a hidden folder called "CHKDSK" or "FOUND" and all receive the file extension "CHK".