The laying of the pipes is the simplest work.
Lay the floor heating
First, consider what type of heater you would like. Electric underfloor heating systems are cheaper to buy and can be laid easily. The operating costs make fast but the purchase of a water-carrying heating cheaper. Electric models are suitable for small areas as additional heating, but not to heat the room.
- The underfloor heating pipes are laid under the screed. So you need to connect the heating before you finish the floor.
- Let be calculated by an experienced heating engineer which heating power you need. Here you have so much to consider that you will hardly find a lay the necessary information.
- Plan ahead where you want to set up your furniture. You can omit spaces and prevent heat accumulation under the cabinets.
- Simple is the installation of system plates. These are simply designed in the room and then the heating pipes are inserted into the predetermined brackets. With simple spatial forms the drive system is ideal.
- For more complex three-dimensional shapes to route the heating pipes in other ways at uniform distances in space. Pay attention to the recommended distances.
The actual connecting and calibrating tubing should then take an expert. Talk best before working with the artisans so that you do everything right.
After connecting the heater
- The connected heating will be provided with a special cover.
- In this the screed is cast, you must be allow to dry.
- Now comes the first heating. Turn on the heated floor and let it run one day. Ask them each day higher by five degrees until the maximum temperature of heating is reached. Then, the heating is shut down every day again by five degrees. This procedure takes several days, in which the soil can dry completely.
Only now you can design an appropriate flooring. Good are tile or natural stone. If you wish parquet or carpet, you need to pay attention to a suitability for underfloor heating.