When cooking the Easter ham, the weight is decisive.
How right cooking time an Easter ham can not specify a standard rate. It depends mainly on the size of the ham. When buying the cooked ham that he is a little pickled and smoked. Before you cook the ham, try and add salt it if necessary.
To cook the Easter ham
Preparation time: approximately 1.5 to 2 hours
Thus the Easter ham is perfect, you have to season it properly and cook at the correct temperature to the point.
- Pot filling. Take it. A large pot and fill it about three quarters with cold, unsalted water
- Add spices. Give each a half teaspoon of pepper and finely chopped thyme and a tablespoon of honey to the water and cook it on.
- Ham put. Now put into the ham. Make sure that it is only a little covered with water.
- Reduce heat. Reduce heat to medium level so that the water does not bubble, but merely simmers. Do not put the lid completely on, therefore can no condensation forms.
- Cook ham Let your ham now about 90 minutes -. Depending on size - cooking in water.
- Easter ham bake. Then bake your Easter ham in the oven at upper 30 minutes -and- bottom heat at a temperature of 150 degrees.
- Garprobe perform. Dig a meat thermometer into the center of the ham and measure its temperature. At a temperature of 70 ° C the ham is cooked.
Matching side dishes to your Easter ham
The traditional Easter ham you can serve rosemary potatoes. possibly add even added a spring-like herb. Horseradish makes for tasty sharpness of the ham. A salad is a good supplement to the Easter ham.
Also fits fried or cooked vegetables of all kinds of ham. A particularly elegant supplement are stewed in garlic, quartered tomatoes. Should you be directed more to the tradition, you can prepare the Easter ham in a bread dough.
Various spices give the ham the finishing touch and it is a true delicacy. After cooking in the oven it is juicy and to the point.