So comfortable is a self-stitched beanbag.
The filling of the beanbag
Beanbags are filled with polystyrene balls or styrofoam chips you can buy loose. Take best Styrofoam, which is packed in bags. When you drop to bead load on static and jump around the apartment. In addition, the beads quickly stir due to their low weight in draft.
A beanbag is never bulging. The filling material must be able to move freely in it. The capacity is about one third the volume of the beanbag. A cone-shaped bag with a diameter of 75 centimeters and a height of 80 centimeters holds 40 to 50 liters of Styrofoam balls. A rectangular model with dimensions of 140 by 200 centimeters fill with 500 liters filling.
Select the upper
The upper should meet three criteria: Choose a tear-resistant, non-stretchy fabric that is durable. The substance may have solid linen fabrics, jacquard, denim, cotton fabrics and other stable materials.
Adjust the sewing needle in your sewing machine to the selected fabric. Select also the thread for stitching accordingly. For fixed Denims For example, using a thicker yarn than for linen cloth.
To sew the bag
Sew your beanbag two cases by cardboard cutouts, the outer can be opened with a zipper.
- Template tinker. Customize a template as a pattern that looks like a large drop. The size of the droplets depends on the desired size beanbag. Assume that the widest part should be 40 cm and the height around 100 centimeters.
- Fabric cut. Cut out the Inlettstoff and the outer fabric six drops out. Let three centimeter seam allowance.
- Ticking sew. Sew the six lanes of blinders together by closing a seam after another from the top to the middle of the drop.
- Close bag. Close the bean bag by sewing the sixth track on the open side of the first web. Let in this seam in the center open 50 centimeters.
- Inlay filling. Now fill your new home accessory with polystyrene balls. This works best if you buy them in the bag, push the opening of the bag into the sack and let slip in the balls.
- Last close seam. If the Styrofoam in the bag is, close the seam with small fixed stitches.
- Outer fabric sew. Sew in the same way a second bag on the face fabric and leave at the last seam open 80 centimeters.
- Sewing a zipper. There you sew the zipper.
- Inner bag Push. Push the filled inner bag through the opening.
- Tips together quilting. Sew the top of the inner bag and the outer beanbag.
- Close zipper. Close the zipper and finish your beanbag.
Sew one Fatboy
If you want to sew a similar beanbag the Fatboy, you fall back on bedding for a queen bed, which saves a lot of work.
- Blankets Buy. Buy two remuneration of size 140 by 200 centimeters.
- Bedcover fill. Fill a relation with the polystyrene balls and sew him with two rows stitches on the sewing machine.
- Sewing a zipper. Use for external reference one that closes with zipper or sew a zipper there, where the placket is.
- Inlay in outer cover slide. Give the filled reference to the external reference.
- Corners sew. Sew a few stitches by hand the four corners of the inner bag to the outer, so that the two covers together sitting.
Another option for a beanbag is to cut six sides and a bottom and a top as a hexagon and sew. Give yourself through your personal beanbag a comfortable sitting.