A subwoofer is also available with two entrances.
There are many different subwoofer, you can connect to an AV receiver to get a whopping output of bass. High quality models have two inputs, in which you can insert each RCA cable. There are two integrated amplifiers that offer higher performance. However, AV receivers have only one output for the subwoofer. This is indicated by the label 5.1 or 7.1 or, in stereo mode, 2.1. The "one" stands for the subwoofer output.
The subwoofer is connected to the AV receiver
- A subwoofer is a bass cabinet, which can be enhanced to sound the depths and connected to an AV receiver, which is intended for the operation of a subwoofer. This must have a corresponding output.
- There are various systems that describes the number of boxes. 2.1 is for stereo operation with a subwoofer, 5.1 and 7.1 systems operate in Dolby surround mode.
The Y-cable is necessary for quality Subwoofers
- If you buy a subwoofer, which has two inputs, use a Y-cable. It is an RCA cable that has a connector for the output of the receiver and two connectors for the input of the subwoofer.
- The plugs are marked or labeled according to color. The colors may vary slightly from manufacturer to manufacturer, but there are often red and black.
- Use a subwoofer that has two inputs, a normal cinch cable, you can not exploit the full power of the subwoofer. The device operates only with an amplifier.
You can connect the subwoofer with two amplifiers with the Y-cable to any AV receiver, the feature of the RCA output for a subwoofer. The output is labeled accordingly.