Connect with few clicks to the Internet on your iPad.
Try to use a LAN adapter to access the Internet
Nowadays, you can almost always and everywhere access to the Internet. Especially if you have a smartphone or a tablet PC like the iPad. But now and then it happens that you do not have Wi-Fi coverage and your mobile Internet is unstable or unavailable. Usually help in such a case, a LAN adapter, if a port is available. Then you can go on the internet with the mobile device. Unfortunately it does not work always. For this case, see the second part, some steps and tips on how you can create a portable wireless network with an appropriate adapter.
- Remove the adapter from the packaging, connect it to the USB port on your iPad. This adapter simulates a RJ-45 Ethernet port, which is typically used for LAN connections from the router.
- Open your Verbinungsmanager and check whether the connection has been activated to the Internet via cable.
- If the connection is not activated, then it is probably due to a lack of drivers. In this case, please contact the Apple support.
Unfortunately, this option works only in rare cases. Another option is the use of Airport Express, this is brought to you in more detail in the second part of this manual.
Create a portable wireless network via an adapter from Apple for your iPad
To be able to go to places without wireless network with your mobile device to the Internet, connect the Airport Express adapter via cable to the port or to your router, if you do not have a Wi-Fi router.
- After the Aiport Express adapter is connected to a LAN port, turn your iPad.
- Open the "Settings" or, if you take a variant in English, "Settings", and open here the Airport Express. Set it as the basis for the new network and enter, if necessary, an appropriate network key.
- Click on "Create New Network" in the menu item. Confirm your selection with "Next".
- You are now connected to the network started. To finish, simply click on the "Next" button.
In this way you can connect to a wireless network without an erroneous way to go about the LAN adapter. This is because especially the iPad has been designed as a device to work only through the onboard wireless adapter.