Some professions require long training.
The cardiologist makes a long learning path
In Germany, there are annually approximately 300 to 350 doctors on completion of training for cardiologists perform a check to the state medical associations successfully.
- The Department of Cardiology is the result of the specialization within the Department of Internal Medicine. Cardiology is therefore a focal point of this area. The name for this occupation is "Specialist in Internal Medicine, Division of Cardiology".
- Mostly a cardiologist is also simultaneously Specialist "Internal Medicine". The reason for this is an older training order, which had initially prescribed a six-year training and subsequent testing for internists. Then followed the cardiology specialization. What makes the cardiologist?
- So Cardiology makes a long training and then deals with the doctrine of the heart. This is about the structure, function and disorders of the heart. The cardiology is in human medicine ie a branch of internal medicine. The cardiovascular diseases are the adults at the center. The pediatric hand, represents an independent subspecialty of pediatrics in Germany.
The education and training for cardiologists
- If you want to be a cardiologist, then you need to study after six years of basic studies in medicine a further six years. The basic course lasts twelve semesters and a further three months. It ends with a final examination. If you pass this test, this is the condition that you can get a so-called license to practice and join a specialist study.
- The specialist studies in internal medicine takes another five years to complete. If you want to specialize further in the Division of Cardiology in this context, then there are a total of six years. Then put back from an exam. If you pass this, you must be a specialist in internal medicine call Cardiology.
- You can even do a doctorate then also - for a doctorate - and thus obtained a doctorate. This is for the exercise of the medical profession but not mandatory.