A heated conservatory count in full for the living area.
- The living area is Regulation (WoFlV), which entered into force since January 1, 2004, explained the legal interpretation of living space. The introduction of WoFlV is a uniform basis for calculating the floor space - for all types of housing - guaranteed.
- The indication of the number of square meters of living space - in leases concluded after 31.12.2003, must be carried out according to the rules of WoFlV. For older leases that have been signed before 1 January 2004 have the old regulation - relating to the §§ 42 44 II Calculation Regulation -. Based.
With the WoFlV crediting the floor space of balconies, swimming pools and conservatories was revised.
What is counted as 100% for living space?
- Your normal living space - incl. Storage rooms, which are located within your home - with a ceiling height from 2 meters - are completely at your living space.
- For your full living space including living room and bedroom, kitchen, several utility rooms, hallway, bathroom and toilet.
- Swimmer baths and conservatories, which can be heated, also include fully to living space.
What is counted to 50% for living space?
- All living rooms and roof pitches - with a ceiling height of at least 1 meter and less than 2 meters - are only in half counted for living space.
- Can not be heated conservatories and swimming pools, the base of which is only half full count.
- . After the calculation II Regulation applies - for older leases - that balconies, roof gardens or loggias up to 50% can be counted with the living space.
- Terraces are expected in rental agreements, which are based on the II. Computation ordinance, not for living space added.
What is counted as 25% of living space?
- After WoFlV however usually balconies and loggias are only a quarter of credited. Only high quality and features of loggias, balconies etc. The base can be counted up to half.
- Note that in contrast to the II Berechnungsverordnung -. When the regime also terraces with the floor space shall be counted.
- If your balcony or terrace area with 50% counted, you should check carefully whether the design of which is really complicated enough to justify the higher credit.
- If your balcony at a bad side - for example, a high-traffic road - is, you decide whether or not possibly even a reduction in the credit area under 25% is possible.
What is not counted in the living space?
- Accessories spaces such as basement, attic, laundry room, garage or storage room outside your home are not compensable living space.
- Living room area, which holds less than 1 meter ceiling height is counted under any circumstances for living space.
- The floor area of rooms that do not withstand the structural requirements of the building code law may be considered, either.
Correct area calculations - how it works
For area calculations you need a ruler and a square calculator:
- To determine your actual living space, you first need to - identify the corresponding base area for each room.
- The footprint is calculated as length x width.
- If your rooms be angled, divide them into rectangles. Add up the results of each rectangle and write down the bases of the individual rooms.
- Wear the individual base areas into a Übersichtslste. Eg Kitchen: 3m x 4m = 12m², hall: 2m x 3m = 6m², etc.
- Determine then - for each individual room - the actual living space. For example, kitchen: 12m² to 100% = 12m², bedroom (with attic): 24m² to 50% = 12m², balcony: 8m² to 25% = 2m².
- Add in the last step together all actual living room areas. To get the real living space.
- Would you like to facilitate the work, you can use the Internet - for free - use a square calculator. You only need to enter your established base areas of your individual rooms, and the actual living space is calculated in a few moments for you.